Jamie Thomson is back in the PSB studio to help us appreciate and care about the Old Testament. If you are intimidated to attempt a read through, or you have never made it through the OT, join us as we talk about why we should care about the Old Testament.
When studying the Bible, you’ll find the earliest altars, the ones that we will use as a visual in this study, were just a pile of rocks. What can we know about them?
I suggest that there are some amazing parallels to the ancient altar in the New Testament. Today, we’re specifically going to look at the parallels between the ancient altars and the family altar. This will be a slow burn, and I invite you to pay special attention as we begin with ancient altars and create parallels for our families. Let’s begin!
Murmuring can seem like such an insignificant activity, but it is a dripping water that can slowly break down rock solid faith. Join Jonathan and guest Justin Owen discuss the murmuring of the Israelites wandering int he wilderness, and how we can avoid their same troubles today.
Have you ever heard of the Biblical concept of "providence"? And if you have, is the Pharaoh's daughter the first person to come to your mind when you think of it? Join Brett Hickey (www.letthebiblespeak.com) and Jonathan Edwards discuss how providence works and how this ancient princess shows the power of God's providence.
JoinGeorge Battey and Jonathan Edwards discuss how predictive prophecy was used in the Old Testament to accomplish the will of God. Discover the seven purposed through these three episodes.
1. Predictive Prophecy distinguished the true God from false gods (Isaiah 41:21-24; 42:8-9; 48:3-5).
2. Predictive Prophecy validated true prophets (Numbers 12:6-8, Deuteronomy 18:9-13; 14-22).
3. Predictive Prophecy verified other predictions of the future (Isaiah 8:7-8 + chapters 36-37, etc.).
4. Predictive Prophecy was necessary to explain the exile to later generations (Isaiah 36:18-2-; 27:9-13; Deuteronomy 32:26-27).
5. Predictive Prophecy was necessary because deliverance takes time (Jer. 25:11, Lev. 25:1-7, 2 Ch. 36:20-21).
6. Predictive Prophecy was necessary to show that God is sovereign (Daniel 4:29-37).
7. Predictive Prophecy proved that the word of God is trustworthy (Psalm 22:30-31).
You can listen and subscribe at the following platforms. Click on the icon below of your choice: