What would you say if the Lord publicly called you a dog? It actually happened once. And we can see the faith of a Canaanite woman who had the perfect reply to one of the Bible's most "terrible parables.
JoinGeorge Battey and Jonathan Edwards discuss how predictive prophecy was used in the Old Testament to accomplish the will of God. Discover the seven purposed through these three episodes.
1. Predictive Prophecy distinguished the true God from false gods (Isaiah 41:21-24; 42:8-9; 48:3-5).
2. Predictive Prophecy validated true prophets (Numbers 12:6-8, Deuteronomy 18:9-13; 14-22).
3. Predictive Prophecy verified other predictions of the future (Isaiah 8:7-8 + chapters 36-37, etc.).
4. Predictive Prophecy was necessary to explain the exile to later generations (Isaiah 36:18-2-; 27:9-13; Deuteronomy 32:26-27).
5. Predictive Prophecy was necessary because deliverance takes time (Jer. 25:11, Lev. 25:1-7, 2 Ch. 36:20-21).
6. Predictive Prophecy was necessary to show that God is sovereign (Daniel 4:29-37).
7. Predictive Prophecy proved that the word of God is trustworthy (Psalm 22:30-31).
You can listen and subscribe at the following platforms. Click on the icon below of your choice: